Here you'll find the first lines of all my dS stories (I think) and the first lines of every story I could find that wasn't wholly fandom-specific. I've provided links to the stories, for whatever good that will do you. I've also included slightly more than just the first line in a few cases; for some stories, the first line was just a single word, which isn't all that evocative. But do as thou wilt, of course; you can chop off the rest of the line if you like.
due South Stories
- Ray didn't start out loving moose.
- "Fraser?" The voice woke him out of a confused dream of heat and participatory full body contact, and it took him a moment to realize that he was still in the Consulate - and still entirely alone.
- Diefenbaker gently nudged open the door to the bedroom, then paused with just his nose inside, breathing deeply.
- Fraser took a deep breath as Ray came into the room.
- Fraser studied his notes, breathing evenly; staying calm was an essential part of any acclimation exercise.
- "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I'm happy you're here today, and I'm happy with the progress we're making." [Mr. and Mrs. Smith]
- "We are very interested in your Earthian arts," the one with eight eyes said. [Stargate: SG-1]
- Christmas is always a chancy proposition in a country practice. [All Creatures Great and Small]
- "Fuck this shit. I'm not kidding. Fuck this shit." [Buffy the Vampire Slayer]
- "'Lo." He didn't sound dead. [Sports Night]